Do you want to become more knowledgeable in the field of Public Safety Communications? Would you like to position yourself to become an elected officer of NENA, or even the possibility of a promotion? Have you ever thought of becoming an Emergency Numbers Professional (ENP)? Well, now is your chance!!
The Virginia Chapter of NENA is forming a study group for those who are interested in taking their ENP test. A study group is a great way to learn and support others trying to achieve the same goal of ENP certification. The study group will be coordinated by Michele Surdam and Kaytie Carroll from Prince William County. It will consist of weekly conference calls and student participation.
Weekly Conference calls will be held on Mondays in the afternoon at 1400 hours (eastern time). The first conference call will be on Monday, August 7, 2017 and the study group will last 8-9 weeks.
We would like a list of interested parties by July 31, 2017, to prepare for the 2017 Fall Testing Session. Please feel free to contact Michele at firstname.lastname@example.org or Kaytie at email@example.com with any questions and/or to register.
Prior to expressing an interest in participating in the study group, please see the below information.
– First, go to http://www.nena.org/enp
– Download the Handbook and the BOK (Body of Knowledge) – they are free!
– Review the Handbook to assure that you are or will be eligible to take the exam. This is very important!
– Before the first study session, you will need to purchase (or borrow from someone) the latest ENP Resource (Study) Guide – this is $50. NENA is on version 5.0 of the guide. It will be required for all participating in the Study Group.
– Complete the ENP Eligibility Application only when you are sure you will be taking the exam and plan on paying at that time.
If you are interested in participating in the study group, please respond by July 31, 2017. More information will be distributed once we have a group of participants. You are welcome to forward this email to anyone else that may be interested in participating.
Registration for the Fall 2017 testing period is by Sept. 8, 2017 and the testing period runs from October 7 – 21, 2017.
Best of luck to all!!