Website Management Partners
Bedford County, VA (population 78,997) is accepting applications for an E-911 Director. Bedford County is located within the beautiful Piedmont region of the Commonwealth of Virginia. The picturesque Town of Bedford, its historic county seat, operated as an independent city from 1968 until rejoining the county in 2013.
Bedford County encompasses a geographic area of 76.9 square miles. The County is home to the scenic Smith Mountain Lake. Thomas Jefferson’s Poplar Forest, his personal retreat, and the solemn and spectacular National D-Day Memorial are also notable Bedford County landmarks.
The E-911 Director is responsible for oversight and management of the Communication Center’s 25 staff members and its extensive array of sophisticated communication hardware and software technology. The County has continued to make substantial financial investments in its communication network infrastructure and is currently undergoing a comprehensive upgrade of its hardware and software including a new CAD/RMS system.
The Communication Center is funded through the General Fund of Bedford County and the 2020 operating budget is $2.8 million. The E-911 staff includes four dispatch supervisors, a training supervisor, CAD supervisor, and a shared IT Manager.
The Bedford County E-911 Director performs complex administrative, technical, and professional tasks in overseeing all facets of the Communication Center. S/ he manages all work schedules, ensures satisfactory staffing, and is intricately familiar with the internal operations of the center. The Director manages the various operating systems including CAD, RMS, E-911 telephone network, mapping system and other programs utilized in the day to day operations of the Communication Center. This position additionally serves as Bedford County’s representative on the Region 2000 Radio Communications Board.
· Thorough knowledge of the methods and techniques utilized in operating various communication systems
· Proficient knowledge of computer technology and various office software applications
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Ability to effectively multi-task and manage personnel in an emergency environment
· Proven leadership capabilities and analytical skills
· Ability to deal effectively and professionally with challenging individuals and circumstances
· Ability to work cooperatively in a diverse, professional, team environment and to build and maintain effective, productive relationships with multiple safety-service agencies
· Proven ability to earn the trust and respect of individuals regardless of their position or affiliation with your management responsibilities
An associate degree with coursework in business, public administration, emergency management, or related field is required; a bachelor’s degree is preferred. At least three years of demonstrated experience as a Communications Officer with at least two years of successful supervisory experience is required.
TO BE CONSIDERED
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and four professional references electronically, by the close of business on July 2, 2020 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact Greg Horn (937) 478-6385 with any questions
For more information, please visit the position brochure at: https://www.managementpartners.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/Bedford2.pdf
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com